Church Operations + Communications Coordinator
Supervisor – Senior Pastors
Position concludes October 31, 2022
Skills/Qualifications: Strong organizational skills; self-starter, flexible, strong project management and execution skills; technically savvy; excellent communicator; eagerness to learn new systems and figure things out; demonstrated ability to build strong, effective relationships. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Spanish proficiency is a plus.
Relationship Management + Facility Use Coordination
• Coordinate use of facilities with resident partners
• Coordinate facility use with outside groups who wish to use the church facilities as available
• Manage the overall calendar for facility use in collaboration with Supervisor of Facilities
• Communicate with partners about the garage and building procedures, openings and closings as needed
• Support Senior Pastors and Supervisor of Maintenance with project management of various projects involving the care and upkeep of the church’s physical plant at 755 8th St., NW, and as requested, the facilities at Camp Fraser.
• Communicate with vendors, solicit quotes, and schedule work as needed to be completed in a timely fashion.
• Manage church technical infrastructures, such as but not limited to IT, telephone, and security. Manage technical projects with CTSS, our IT support vendor.
• Help develop a strategy for a weekly communications plan with the pastoral staff.
• Manage and coordinate the content of Calvary’s weekly communications (Latest Happenings, church bulletin, etc.)
• Manage Calvary’s social media communications including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Develop appropriate list serves so that people can opt-in (and out) of communications for various groups. Communication platforms might include email, What’s App, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, etc.
Regularly update Calvary’s website. Remove old content and ensure new content is available in a timely manner.
• Serves as the main office liaison for congregation members and assists them in using their spiritual gifts in the administration of the church.
• Regularly communicate with committee chairs/board members to facilitate their effectiveness.
• Performs other duties as requested by Senior Pastors and church lay administration.
How to Apply: We strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, LGBTQIA+, women, and people with intersecting identities. All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume by October 2nd at 5pm to ChurchCoordinator@calvarydc.org. Interviews will begin immediately and the position will begin in late October. Please note because of the nature of the role, teleworking is not possible for this position.